Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Technology?


For my bike trip I'm taking my Kindle.  I will have a lot of books with me in a device that weighs 11 ounces.  Note: A 500 page paperback novel weighs 8 ounces!

Android cell phone weighs 4 ounces.  I plan to post Facebook updates from it as my trip progresses.  It also takes photos and will even do a phone call!!

Alas, I can't do without a "real" camera that has a tripod mounting hole.  My camera weighs 8 ounces.

All this consumes power and I'm sure there are outlets along the way but...., check it out!!!

My brother gave me something pretty cool for my birthday.  It is a GOALzero solar panel that will keep my Kindle, Android and camera powered.  1 pound 4 ounces.

Will 2 pounds and 13 ounces of technology be worth its weight?  I guess I will find out!!

Lolli thinks I'm nuts.  She calls it, "Lasers in the Jungle."

No comments:

Post a Comment